Bubble tea is something that I personally love! I just about live on this drink! My children love it also. They always get excited when they hear I’m making it for them. I often make it as a lunch time treat. I prefer to make it entirely front scratch. So it takes a little longer, but I think it tastes much better. 🙂
Before we can begin, we’ll need some ingredients. This recipe will only make you 1, 16 ounce glass. Here is what you’ll need. There are two sets of ingredients here, please keep them separated so that you don’t get confused!
- 6 to 8 cups water
- 1 cup tapioca pearls
- 1 large pot
You will also need,
- 1/2 cup chilled, cooked tapioca pearls
If you’re substiturting for smaller tapioca pearls, please use 1/3 cup instead
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup very strong chilled black tea (or orange pekoe tea or Lichee tea)
- honey or granulated sugar for taste
- 1 cocktail shaker
We’re going to start with the recipe for the tapioca pearls.
- Boil water over high heat.
- Slowly add the tapioca pearls.
Stir while pouring them so they don’t stick together.
You’ll know that they’re done when they are all floating. (it takes about a minute)
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to let boil.
- Cover pot with lid for approximately 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and continue to let them site for another 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from heat, pour them in a strainer.
- Once all of the water is out of the pot, pour them back in.
Add cold water to the pot to rinse them off.
- Pour them through the strainer once more.
You’re done! 🙂 See? Its not too hard and it doesn’t take very long either. Now let us move on to the drink itself.
- Pour cooked tapioca pearled into a large parfait glass.
- Pour the milk, crushed ice, tea and honey into the cocktail shaker.
Shake well until the mixture is frothy.
- Pour into parfait glass (from step 1).
Serve with extra thick straws!
You’re done! It’s delicious!