Before we begin, let me say that I do not like this dip at all. My fiance and two daughters love it though, so I make it rather often. If i remember correctly I believe it is a Roman or Greece dish. My mother taught this too me as a child growing up. It was very popular in my family. My mother couldn’t believe I didn’t like it! It is fun to make though!
This will serve about 2 people, depending on how much you like to eat. It can serve up to 4. In my home, it serves 3 with rarely any left overs. now, you will need these to gather these ingredients before we begin.
- 1 teaspoon oliva oil
- 1 good sized potato
- some salt and pepper
- 1 tea spoon lemon juice
- 1 roe
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cutting board
- 1 set of cooking gloves (heat resistant)
- saran wrap
- 1 microwave
- 1 fork
- 1 knife
- 1 spoon
- 1 medium to large sized bowel
If you’re ready with all your needed ingredients, lets begin!
- Wash the potato and wrap it in the saran wrap.
Microwave it for about 5 minutes.
It is ready when you can stick a bamboo stick through it.
- Put on some groves now because the potato will be hot!
Peel the potato. (while it is still hot)
Please be careful not to burn yourself!
Put the peeled potato in a bowel and crush it up using a fork.
- Put the roe on the cutting board and cut a slit in the middle of the roe.
Scoop out the insides with a spoon.
Pour lemon juice on the insides and throw away the skin
- Add the roe into the bowel with the crushed potato in it.
- Add the olive oil, mayonnaise, and some pepper into the bowel as well.
- Mix well using your fork or spoon.
You may decide to add a little salt. Taste it and decide for yourself.
And you’re done!
As i said above, it’s a really easy recipe! 🙂 My children like it on bread, chips, fruits, vegetables, and bagels. It goes great with pretty much anything you like putting dip on.